24 February 2016

license to play



I have made a few quilts so far this year. Funny enough, after taking inventory you would think I should start quilting the pile of tops and backs from my previous post. As much as that was my intention, something else happened. The scrap box and some wip / ufo's was whispering to me, and I just had to listen to what they were saying. 

These two "license to play" are both 40" * 48" quilted by machine on white and warm cotton batting. For the backs, I used two lovely prints by Nancy Wolff in a cotton linen blend. They are similar but different, like siblings, maybe....

I had so much fun making them, and would like to write a pattern or hold a class, someday. So only these partial views for now.




2 comments:

Nifty Quilts said...

These "License to Play" quilts are very inspiring! Something simple to make while playing with color and pattern. The strips of color provide just enough organization and they "pop" the prints in the scraps. I think it would be an excellent pattern! As always, I am in awe of your color sense.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I love these!